Our Book Design, Marketing,
POD & Other Services
One-on-One Author Support
Google & Amazon Search
Custom Full-Color Cover
Custom Interior Design
Custom Rear Cover Design That You Can Personalize
Complimentary Author Copy
Digital Formatting and Distribution (eBook)
Library of Congress Control Number
10 Free Image Insertions
We Also Offer a Variety of Book Sizes
Professional Press Release
Marketing and Press Kit Creation
We offer numerous customizable and affordable publishing packages for every budget. Every package is different and specific to your book project! We offer a full rang of services, from editing, design, layout, printing, and product branding. We also offer quite an elaborate array of marketing and promotional options. You as the author choose what is right for your and your project.
All of our packages and services start at $499.00.
Contact us for a FREE consultation.
Submit Your Manuscript to Glover Lane Press!
Your literary journey begins when you submit your manuscript for review. Glover Lane Press considers each manuscript on a case-by-case basis because no two books or authors are alike and every publishing package is different. We accept manuscripts in all genres and have published photography, fiction, nonfiction, children’s books, and poetry.
Our Azaan Kamau Media Imprint publishes full color museum quality books for fundraising, business manuals, arts & photography books, portfolios, cook books, wedding, travel books and many other full color books!
We consider each manuscript submitted and offer feedback on the work. We choose 4-5 manuscripts annually for traditional publishing contracts. Additionally we offer author-subsidized contracts, and the same personal service and professional quality, to authors with promising manuscripts.
If we accept your work for publication, we strongly recommend it be professionally edited, and we work with you to create a comprehensive, tailor-made marketing plan for your book. Typically, the publishing process takes approximately four months from the time we accept your manuscript to publication; however, this timeline may fluctuate depending on each book’s custom plan.
You are welcome to call to discuss your manuscript or any other questions you may have Monday through Friday, from 8 am to 5 pm Pacific Time, at 424-703-3277, or send us an email at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you and discussing how we can best partner with you to publish your book.
If you contract with Glover Lane Press (or its imprints) we will:
* Make suggestions as to how you can improve the quality of your manuscript for literary quality, targeted readership and improved sales.
* Help you prepare your text manuscript for the print process.
* Help you prepare your book cover for the print process (we can also custom design your cover for you.)
* Publish your book.
* Provide POD Option
* Have your books printed.
* Provide ISBN number and bar code for sales tracking.
* Provide Copyright
* Provide online presence and distribution
* Feature and sell your book through online retailers, your personal site and also the Glover Lane Press web site.
* Arrange for your book to be listed and sold at Amazon.com.
* Arrange for you to purchase an unlimited quantity (as few or as many as you like) of your books at a wholesale price.
* Help you craft a marketing plan to sell your book to the targeted readership.
* Provide personal attention throughout the process while giving you honest industry information.
* Provide a basic marketing package which include 100 post cards
What you will have to do to publish your book with Glover Lane Press:
* Write a good book that fits the parameters of one of our imprints.
* Send Glover Lane Press a query letter with information about your book
* Be accepted by Glover Lane Press (or one of its imprints) for publication.
* Make changes and edits to your manuscript as needed. Be sure your book is edited to professional standards.
* Sign a basic author contract with Glover Lane Press
* Submit your manuscript to Glover Lane Press for layout, and formatting for printing.
* Discuss a marketing plan.
* Work with Glover Lane Press to set the price of your book.
* Purchase any books you want to sell yourself, at wholesale prices.
* Implement your marketing plan with Glover Lane Press’s assistance.
Your Query Letter
Thank you for contacting Glover Lane Press about the publication of your book! Please submit a finished manuscript that is edited prior to submission. Your first step is to send a query letter to Glover Lane Press for consideration. Please follow these query letter guidelines.
Your query letter for your book should:
Be one page
(In the first paragraph) Include the title of the book, the genre, the number of words, indicate what you want - publisher - agent - even advice. If you have a tag line for your book, use it at this point. If your book is already edited include that information here.
(In the second paragraph) Include the name of the main character, her job, a few words about her life and her world.
(In the third paragraph) Outline the plot and the describe the full story arc including the ending.
(In the forth paragraph) Describe your credentials as a writer. Include your previous publications, your professional experience, college degrees, anything that highlights your skills.
(In the fifth paragraph) Sum up the letter. You may want to say you have included a few pages - or that you would be happy to send a few chapters or a full manuscript.
Your query letter for a book of poetry should:
Be one page
(In the first paragraph) Include the title of the book, the number of words, indicate what you want - publisher - agent - even advice. If you have a tag line for your book, use it at this point. If your book is already edited include that information here.
(In the second paragraph) Describe your credentials as a writer. Include your previous publications, your professional experience, college degrees, anything that highlights your skills. Also include where you have read your poetry.
(In the third paragraph) describe your work, your style, your general theme, and your target audience.
(In the last paragraph) Sum up the letter.
Along with your query letter, send your three very best poems. These poems should demonstrate relevance to mature readers.
In all cases, be sure to be as brief and concise as possible. Use descriptive words. Be sure your letter reads well and has no typos or errors.
Our acquisitions staff will thoroughly review your manuscript. Once your manuscript has finished being reviewed, we will notify you of our decision by email. Please contact us by email if you have any email or mailing address changes during this period.
Email your query letter and additional information to:
The Acquisitions Department